February 16, 2021 || By: Hope F
Chocolate chip cookies – a craving that surely every person is bound to have at some point in their life – are taken to a whole new level with these sea salt chocolate chunk cookies! There are always fantasies of chocolate chip cookies warm out of the oven with an ice cold glass of milk. When your whole house is filled with the wafting smell of delectable-ness and you just can’t resist. Yep, these are definitely classics that are a must bake!
My class is trying to reach out to the younger kids and be good role models, so we decided to throw a party for them. You may have already guessed it, but that party involves these sea salt chocolate chunk cookies!
You can have these cookies literally any time you want them (which might be a bad thing!), and they only take around 45 minutes to make. This recipe is adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
Recipe: Prep Time – 30 minutes, Cook Time – 10/15 minutes
- 1 stick of Butter, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed Brown Sugar (if you don’t have this, just do granulated sugar and then a few drops 1/4 teaspoon of molasses)
- 1 large Egg
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Heaped 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea/Table Salt
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4-1/2 pound (205 grams) Semi- or Bittersweet Chocolate, cut into small chunks with a serrated knife
- Flaky Sea Salt, to top
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 360° F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream your butter and the sugars until light and fluffy (around 2-5 minutes).
- Then, mix in the vanilla and egg until just combined.
- Next, add in the baking soda and salt (again until just combined).
- Now, mix in the flour until just combined. The dough will look crumbly, but that’s ok.
- Last ingredient! Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- The dough is now ready, and luckily, you don’t need to freeze it 🙂
- Scoop the dough into balls and place them on the baking sheets.
- Bake them for 10 to 15 minutes until they are lightly golden
- Let them cool for around 5 minutes (super hot chocolate on your tongue is not pleasant).
- Enjoy (and try not to eat them all at once haha)!