February 14, 2021 || By: Hope F
Want a sweet treat on Valentine’s Day and love M&Ms and chocolate? Why not make this delicious cookie recipe with both chocolate and M&Ms! What you get in this mix is a nice combination of crunch from the m&ms and gooey chocolate from the chocolate chips in one bite. Be warned when making these cookies – they’re very addictive, and you will probably want them with a glass of cold milk. This recipe is adapted from bakerbynature.
Recipe: Prep Time – 20 min, Cook Time – 18 min
Ingredients for Chocolate M&M Cookies:
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons Butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups Milk Chocolate M&Ms
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
How to make Chocolate M&M Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 300° F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips in 20 second increments until fully melted (stirring in between).
- Once the butter and chocolate chips are mixed, add in the vanilla, sugars, then eggs (separately), and lastly the milk.
- Then sift in the dry ingredients until the mixture is just combined.
- Fold in the m&ms and chocolate chips.
- Now, using a 1 tablespoon scoop, scoop the cookie batter onto the baking sheets (one inch apart) and bake them for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean (if you want the cookies to be gooey, you should take them out of the oven when the toothpick still has some melted dough on it).
- Let them cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!