February 22, 2021 || By: Hope F
My mom and I love the quote, “once you lick the icing off a cupcake, it becomes a muffin, muffins are healthy.” This muffin is totally that except not very healthy!. I made it because I wanted something chocolate, and when I had a bite I thought – “guess I have a new cupcake recipe!” These are very good and very tender since they have some plain Greek yogurt in them, and above all – they are delicious! They may be a little over-the-top chocolatey, so you will probably want an ice cold glass of milk with them. This recipe is adapted from wholesomepatisserie.
Recipe: Prep Time – 15 minutes (unless you are chopping the chocolate yourself, then it would be 25 minutes), Cook Time – 20 minutes
- 1 stick Butter, slightly melted
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- A pinch of Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk (you can use any kind of milk- diary, almond, oat milk)
- 170g Milk Chocolate, chopped (to go into batter)
- 30g Milk Chocolate, chopped (to top the batter)
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 360° F and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with a hand mixer for a few seconds. Then add in the sugar and beat on high speed until well combined.
- Next, mix in the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and the pinch of salt, mixing until it’s all just combined.
- Pour in the milk and mix until just combined as well.
- Fold in the 170g of chocolate.
- Scoop out the batter and fill evenly among the liners, fill them below the edge (they rise a lot).
- Sprinkle the 30g of chocolate on the top.
- Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and enjoy!