January 26, 2021 || By: Hope F
These are literally the best muffins I have ever had! They would be great any time of year, whether in summer when you like things fruity, or in winter when you need a taste of summer! This recipe was originally a blueberry muffin recipe, but why do only blueberry when you can do blueberries and raspberries 🙂 Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a fruit addict, and I will probably stay addicted to these muffins.
Recipe: Prep Time – 20 min, Cook Time – 25/30 min
- 5 tablespoons (70 grams) Salted or Unsalted butter (most recipes use unsalted, but I used salted and the muffins were great anyway)
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) Sugar
- Grated zest from 1/2 a Lemon (I didn’t really measure it, I just cut a lemon in 1/2 and zested one of the halves)
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 large Egg
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons (7 grams) Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine Sea or Table Salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups (195 grams) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups Blueberries and Raspberries (I used 3/4 cup of blueberries and 3/4 of raspberries). I would use fresh berries since they are nice and plump and you don’t have to defrost them.
- Brown Sugar, a pinch for the top of each muffin (you could also sub in turbinado or raw sugar for extra crunch)
How to make the muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 375° F and line a muffin tin with liners or a nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter in a big bowl and mix in the sugar, zest, sour cream, and egg until the batter is smooth.
- Then, mix in the baking powder, baking soda, and salt until it’s all combined.
- Next, fold in the flour and berries.
- Divide the batter into the muffin cups and sprinkle a good amount of brown sugar on top of each.
- Bake them for 25/30 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean (other than berry juice!).
Note: Most recipes say that the berries aren’t good the next day, and part of what they say is true. The berries are always better as soon as they’re out of the oven, but they’re also fantastic heated up for 15-20 seconds in the microwave.