January 25, 2021 || By: Hope F
My sister and brother-in-law bought this mini muffin silpat for my mom and I for Christmas, and me – loving anything and everything mini – has been looking for something to bake in it! This morning, I wanted something savory for breakfast, but also something different. Then, I looked to the box that the silpat came in, and I saw savory muffins. These made me think of quiche! It was perfect to do these with the silpat from my sister, because on Christmas, we would always have breakfast quiche! Anyway, these little quiche are the perfect breakfast, lunch, or dinner treat! This recipe is adapted from Add a Pinch.
Recipe: Prep Time – 5 min, Cook Time – 20/30 min
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1/3-1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Spinach, chopped
- 2 mini Red/Yellow Peppers, chopped
- Some Jalapeño, chopped
- A slice of Red Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 2 slices Turkey (or real) Bacon, cooked and chopped
How to make mini quiche:
- Preheat the oven to 375° F and put your silpat on a baking tray, or (if not a silpat) use a mini muffin tray and butter it or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk your eggs and cream (or milk), add salt and pepper (plus seasonings of your choice), and then stir in the cheese.
- Once this mixture is complete, pour it into your silpat or tray 3/4 of the way full. These rose a little, but then sank again, so when I make these again, I would suggest adding in some baking powder to make sure they stay risen.
- After the batter is poured in, add your filling. Stir your batter and filling around a little to make sure it is all well mixed.
- Now, cook your mini quiches for 20/30 minutes. Mine needed to be cooked for 30 minutes because I like them well done.
Note: These can be stored in a sealed container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Then, reheated in the microwave for 20-40 seconds.
3 thoughts on “Mini Quiches”
I love mini quiches, and this looks so delicious.