January 3, 2021 || By: Hope F
Ever since visiting my Uncle Jerry and making pizza a few years ago, I have been OBSESSED! I am a self proclaimed pizza connoisseur now – I have to admit that I got into a pizza phase, having probably 4 pizzas a week or so. This picture may not be the most amazing, but the flavor is FOR SURE. With it’s bacon (I’m kind of a bacon freak), jalapeños (another ingredient that Uncle Jerry turned me on to), shallots, spinach, red onions, and multiple seasonings, this pizza is perfect for any time of the year. A warning though – beware of becoming addicted to this staple food…especially if you put some cowboy candy (an earlier post of mine) on your slice!
Recipe: Prep Time – 10/15 minutes, Cook Time – 9/14 minutes (depending on the pizza dough you get, you should follow the cooking instructions on the packaging)
- Pizza Dough (I sometimes make a fresh pizza dough, but other times I just buy a nice pizza dough)
- Pizza Sauce – 6 ish spoonfuls (I used 2 and 1/2 on half of my pizza)
- A drizzle of Olive Oil
- 2 cups of Mozzarella Cheese
- A pinch of Yellow/White Cheese
- A sprinkle of Salt and Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons of Basil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Red Onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Shallots
- 1 cup Spinach
- 7 pieces of well-done Bacon
How to make:
- Heat up your oven to 425° and get a cookie tray or pizza pan out and sprinkle some flour on it. Now, roll out your dough to your desired width (here I did half of a pizza, but the ingredients and instructions are for a full pizza).
- Put your sauce and olive oil on, and spread them around evenly.
- Next put all of your spices on.
- After the spices, put a nice layer of spinach on. Really spread it around and get it all over, because it shrinks down, barely has any flavor, and is super healthy for you.
- Now, put on the two cheeses.
- Once the cheeses are on, sprinkle on the jalapeños, red onion, shallots, and bacon. You can just sprinkle them, or you can place them precisely (I did this because I like a little bit of everything in each bite).
- Now your pizza is ready to go into the oven and become a tasty deliciousness. I cooked mine for around 8-14 minutes, but it really depends on your oven temperature and on the altitude.