December 29, 2020 || By: Hope F
Do you have a little furry companion that you love and want to treat for the new year? This is the perfect thing to do for them! These treats are healthy, tasty, and don’t take too long to make. They are great for dogs and even for people – although they are sugar free! This recipe is adapted from AllRecipes.
Recipe: Prep Time – 15 min, Cook Time – 40 min to 1 hour
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 15oz. can of Pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!!)
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- ½ teaspoon Salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. The dough should be dry and stiff when working on it. Then roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness, and cut it into 1/2 inch pieces. (I used mini and 3″ dog bone cookie cutters)
- Bake in the oven until hard (or desired firmness), around 40 minutes – although for me it took around an hour.
Daisy, Pepper, and Kona approved!