March 6, 2021 || By: Hope F
Lemon is great, blueberry is great, put together they are outstanding! I was making these for a friend and I ended up making two batches because I wanted some for myself! (I think I ate three in 2 minutes). These muffins are light, airy, and delightfully delicious. Sprinkle some turbinado sugar on top and you’ve got something that is truly a divine treat. This recipe is adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.
Recipe: Prep Time – 15 minutes, Cook Time – 20-25 minutes
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Some Turbinado Sugar
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and put muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar and lemon zest together until fragrant and well combined. Then beat the butter and sugar until they’re light and fluffy, add the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and milk, mixing these until just combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt, and mix on low until just combined.
- Now, gently fold in the blueberries. I would suggest rolling the blueberries in a little bit of flour before adding to the batter so that they do not sink to the bottom of the muffins.
- Divide the batter among the muffin liners and sprinkle some turbinado sugar on top, then bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool and then enjoy!